Maverick Mission Statement
To achieve greater fairness and self-determination for Western Canadians through:
(a) constitutional change, or
(b)the creation of an independent nation
For more details visit the Maverickparty.ca (2021) Twin-Track Approach
- We believe the rights, freedoms, and security of all who live in Western Canada must be respected and protected regardless of age, ability, ancestry, race, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity. These rights will include the ownership of property free from confiscation without proper compensation.
- We believe the distinct culture and work ethic of the West must be honoured and preserved while striving to evolve and improve. We are proud of our heritage and will not attempt to rewrite our history.
- We believe in grassroots, bottom-up democracy. We will be guided by Western common sense and core free market values, and our policies will reflect the will of our people.
- We believe that every citizen is entitled to fair and equal access to quality education, timely healthcare and to live free of fear for their personal safety.
- We believe in building a party that values personal contributions, and where personal differences are respected.
- We believe the responsibility of a properly functioning justice system is to protect the innocent and ensure adequate deterrence of the guilty.
- We believe in establishing a party to best represent westerners by welcoming a broad-based membership. With no affiliation to any provincial party, we encourage our members to join, support and volunteer for whichever provincial party they believe best represents their views.
- We believe that every vote in the House of Commons by our MPs must be put to one simple test: Is our support, or opposition, good for the West and our citizens.